Manager, Operations and Visual Merchandising - #1843165
Macy’s is proudly America’s Department Store. There’s a reason we’ve been around for 160 years. Customers come to us for fashion, value and celebration. Macy’s is also known for giving back to our communities.
The magic of Macy’s ultimately comes alive in our stores, and our store colleagues are the ones making it happen. They provide outstanding customer service, create a memorable shopping experience, and drive sales results. A store position at Macy’s (seasonal, part-time, or full-time) is the perfect way to explore the world of retail. Some of Macy’s top executives started their careers as part-time retail sales associates. Our store positions are ideal for forming relationships, building teams, and developing leadership skills to grow your career at Macy’s. Macy’s stores are ideal for building capability in creating partnerships, building teams, and developing the leaders of tomorrow. Macy’s is the “Academy” for retail careers.
Our store management team has the privilege to lead, manage, and inspire a diverse and creative team in delivering store results. Part business consultant, part relationship guru, and 100% leader, you’ll contribute and collaborate to drive the business forward. With frequent opportunities to advance, joining our store management team puts you on a fast-track to career success.
The Manager, Operations & Visual Merchandising leads a team of colleagues who are responsible for ensuring the merchandise in their Macy’s Store is ready for the customer to shop. This role leads all activities from receipt of product to ensuring the product is floor ready for customer purchase. These activities include merchandising, product movement, price changes, signage, visual execution and event set-up. The OVM ensures that customer SLA’s (Service Level Agreements) are met for order readiness and shipment from stores driven by product fulfillment. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Drive sales and profit results by leading and developing strategies and appropriately planning/executing workload on the following: pricing, signing, visual execution, merchandise execution, event execution.
- Monitor merchandise flow, incoming receipts and reverse logistics activities to accurately plan staffing/schedules – drive Supply Chain Initiatives in-store.
- Ensure adequate staffing and weekend compliance to ensure completion of work and SLAs for Fulfillment, BOPS (Buy Online, Pick Up in Store), and BOSS (Buy Online, Ship to Store) are met.
- Ensure accuracy of promotional presentation, including visual signage, key item placement, and seasonal fashion trend statements; lead sales event set-up.
- Direct and organize the receiving and processing of all merchandise receipts; drive leadership to ensure back of house standards are maintained.
- Analyze merchandising reports to review business results and develop appropriate strategies to capitalize on business strengths and impact deficiencies.
- Direct and organize merchandise receipt placement, replenishment and sales promotion set-up; plan, execute and lead floor/fixture moves, merchandise placement and presentation.
- Interview, hire, train, direct, manage, coach, develop, coordinate, evaluate, and discipline direct and indirect reports; establish strategy for work; provide insight and decision support; direct and manage team to meet or exceed performance and behavioral expectations; address complaints from and resolve problems with colleagues.
- Utilize review process as a tool for Colleague talent development, promotion and advancement.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 3-5 years related experience
- Effectively communicate and present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, and all levels of internal and external business partners.
- Ability to effectively plan and execute strategies.
- Ability to monitor and maneuver workflow to achieve priorities.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours, including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays
- Ability to draft reports and other communications, effectively present to management and internal and external business partners, and interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Requires periods of walking, standing, communicating, reaching, crouching and climbing ladders
- Frequent use of computers and other technology, necessary to perform job functions, including handheld equipment, cash register and ability to process register transactions
- Frequently lift/move up to 25lbs
Candidates in Colorado: Click here for Pay Range and here to learn about Benefits.
Candidates in Connecticut: Click here for Pay Range
Candidates in Nevada: Click here for Pay Range