Identifier/Auditor, Cheshire - Full Time (2052) - #1843183
Macy’s is proudly America’s Department Store. There’s a reason we’ve been around for 160 years. Customers come to us for fashion, value, and high-quality products. Now is an exciting time to join Macy’s. The face of retail is changing, and change requires innovation.
Online sales are booming at Macy’s. Our Distribution Center teams are key to our success in the modern retail landscape. They make sure that products arrive at our stores - and each customer’s doorstep - on time, in perfect condition. Behind the scenes, a lot goes into getting products to customers. When a shopper makes an online purchase, we plan, prep, and package the merchandise to get it delivered as quickly and efficiently as possible – across the country and around the world. It takes a lot of smart people working together to make that happen, and so there are many roles you can play, including (but not limited to): material handlers, equipment drivers, inventory control, packers, quality assurance, safety specialists, asset protection, and many more. Whatever role you play – we value you as a colleague. Choose the challenge that’s right for you!
Macy’s Identifier/Audit colleagues perform all functions related to identifying merchandise and resolving problems in a timely manner.
- Complete Product Information Forms and Problem Form and ensure merchandise is processed accordingly.
- Key in weights and measures.
- Perform Flow & Fix function.
- Move shipment to problem lane if necessary.
- Effectively utilize computer systems, WMS and Stella.
- Function as a resource to support department initiatives in identifying problems and developing solution.
- Ability to utilize resources in order to maintain and improve department through put.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- No Education or Experience Required
- No experience required
- Ability to read and interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals
- Resourceful self-starter, works well independently as well as part of a team
- Must be proficient in the use of computers and handheld technology
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays
- Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around store or department
- May involve reaching, crouching, kneeling, stooping, climbing ladders, depth perception and color vision
- Frequent use of computers and other technology necessary to perform job duties, including handheld electronic equipment.
- Frequently lift/move up to 50lbs
Supply Chain Only and Colleagues Working in a Supply Chain Facility except in locations governed by a Collective Bargaining Agreement:
Random drug testing for all colleagues will be conducted on a monthly or semi-monthly basis, depending upon factors including but not limited to the size of the facility and the number of colleagues on roll. Colleagues will be randomly selected for testing by a third party. Testing must be completed on the same workday the colleague is informed of selection for testing, absent extenuating circumstances. In all circumstances, testing must be completed within 24 hours of notification.
Candidates in Colorado: Click here for Pay Range and here to learn about Benefits.
Candidates in Connecticut: Click here for Pay Range
Candidates in Nevada: Click here for Pay Range